Incorp Pro is a fast growing federal company, primarily provides two types of services (Canada wide): 1. business incorporation, registration and trademark services, 2. Legal Contracts Services. The company is a sister company of several other well-established corporations in Canada including a real estate company, business promo and print company, corporate paralegal service company and corporate registries. The company has offices in 3 locations in the country, Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton.
Though a business or corporate lawyer apparently seems more suitable for the position, yet the opportunity is open for any field of law the hiring purposes and regular duties can be performed. One major duty would be supervising articling students for Alberta Law Society, hence must have sufficient years of experience as as Bar Member.
An ideal candidate would be a lawyer who has experience with writing legal contracts and some knowledge on preparing corporation's article. The work is simple and not in depth of legal in nature. Because the company is more in paralegal nature than a law firm, the lawyer will work more as a overall guide for our corporate registry agents, will prepare customized article, professional corporation's article, provide notary public services to clients that come to our office (also for internal documents for all sister companies). In some cases, the lawyer may need to provide legal advice (mostly over phone and live chat or walk ins) regards to corporation set up or legal contracts writing and other general legal questions. Our typical legal contracts are shareholder agreement, employment contract, partnership agreement, residential lease agreement, commercial lease agreements, wills and last testament etc. We advise the potential candidates to have a look to our website, understand the nature of products and services we offer to customer and then can apply upon mutual interest. We would like to highlight here, that we are not a typical law firm, hence the duties and responsibilities are a bit different than a law firm. Being relatively new in the industry, we need a lawyer who will take self initiative in developing new products and services and advising the Business Development team on new opportunities and assisting internal sister companies on legal matters.
Duties At Incorp Pro:
- Prepare and draft corporation’s article, by-laws, minutebook, director’s resolution, shareholder agreement etc.
- Draft legal contract templates, developing the variables of the contract and working closely with the Web Development team to implement the contract on the website where a customer can create a customized contract by filling out the pre-made form.
- Provide legal advise to the corporate clients on various issues such as incorporation, by-laws, share structure, employment contract and other general legal advise.
- Provide notary public services along with preparing certain legal contracts such as child travel consent, statutory declaration, affidavit, wills and testament or immigration invitation letters or any custom legal documents.
- Providing ideas on new legal products and services to the Business Development Team.
- Act, Assist and Advise internal sister companies on legal matters.
- Act as a Principal for articling students under Alberta Law Society.
Expectations and Qualifications:
- Membership with the Law Society of Alberta or the ability to attain membership immediately with the Law Society of Alberta upon appointment.
- A major duty would be acting as a principal for articling students for Alberta Law Society, hence must have sufficient years of experience (4 years) as as Bar Member.
- Proficiency with IT or a willingness to learn the use of technology (as our customers are primarily online and website based).
- Being an independent worker with minimal supervision and working with a diversified team (mostly immigrant environment).
- Easy-going and friendly individual who will help the the company to move one step ahead.
To find the best fit for the employee and employer, we advise the potential candidates to have a look at our website (www.incorporationpro.ca) before the application. Apply only if you find it loving. You can send a cover letter and resume to our email: email@example.com
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, work in Edmonton office in weekdays, between 9 AM to 5 PM Mountain Time.
Job Types: Full Time, Permanent
Salary & Benifit $80,000 to $85,000 (Annual). In addition, the company will pay full fees to renew law society membership and professional liability Insurance. Two weeks of paid vacation with group health insurance coverage, felxible work schedule, casual dress and on site parking.